Hero rabbit saves family from house fire by scratching on her owner

A pet rabbit is being credited for saving its owners from a house fire in south eastern Alaska before it died of smoke inhalation.
The rabbit woke up the homeowner in Anchorage, Alaska, early on Tuesday morning by scratching on her chest, the Ketchikan Fire Department said in a statement.
The homeowner realized that the house was full of smoke, woke up her daughter and fled the house.

Hero rabbit saves family from house fire by scratching on her owner

While there were no injuries to the mother or daughter, the rabbit was not so lucky.
The animal succumbed to smoke inhalation and did not survive, the fire department said.
[via]

Comments